Friday, April 8, 2011

MISSIONS

Many a times Americans tend to send a lot of missionaries overseas,which is a good idea.When the American christians do this I see a lot into their mentality,'They are the only people who can save the world!'We see this everytime we have political differences in other countries,they always think of how to intervene into wars.The mentality behind this kind of thinking is that,they are the only people who can help other people!

While I get confused when people tell me,"Before I became a christian!" To me christianity means more than "just" believeing in God but having a personal relationship with Christ.

Many a times I see missionaries in Kenya coming from America,they try to do good things in those regions but I tend to think that they should shift their focus to eliminate the meantality of planting their churches in those regions and focus on strengthening the existing congregations by training stewards but not doings things for them.

I have also realized during my time of service in the USA that America needs more Missionaries than they send!
These missionaries MUST come from Africa!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Allan. I read a couple articles recently that talk about that. It'd be way better for outside countries to help and support the people and leaders in the countries their going in to serve rather than trying it on their own or even competing with them (though I'm sure they don't always realize they're doing that). One article really stands out to me: http://issuu.com/relevantmagazine/docs/neue03_digitalissue_v3/27 . Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete