Sunday, April 3, 2011

PRISON MINISTRY

While in the USA I volunteer my services with Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) in partnership with Jubilee Ministries,my major assignment has always been gravitated towards this noble task-Prison Ministry.
While many view this task as a very BIG DUTY,I view it as a calling and something I need to do for the rest of my life.

I do block visitation what we call in in layman's language,"cell visitation",I meet guys behind these walls to hear their stories,answer the questions I can answer mostly related to spiritual walk,I do one-on-one counseling.I love this job because of its very challenging nature, so normally I put all my trust in God to put words in my mouth and to be able to always say the correct things that these guys need to hear,I find this fascinating.Sometimes they ask intriguing questions that nobody a part from God in His enigmatic nature has!

I have been able to meet few sex offenders,drug addicts/dealers,highway robbers, people who possesed drug paraphenalia,people who drove under the influence( DUI),I Meet meet people who don't totally believe that God exists and if you say He exists,"Why then did God watch them falling in to drugs and eventually getting to prison!"That most of the time is their concern of who God really is."Why did God allow my two sisters to die of leukemia?"

I meet with people who are coming for the bible studies from their blocks/cells to investigate this 'man' that half of the world believes in and talks about everyday? And in the same spirit,I pray that as they investigate who God is,let Him meet them at that particular hour.

KEEP FOLLOWING THESE STORIES AND MORE,I WILL CONTINUE TO ENLIGHTEN YOU WHY CRIMINALS DO WHAT THEY DO,WHAT IS CALLED, "INSIDE THE CRIMINAL'S MIND".

No comments:

Post a Comment